Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Must Be Crazy

It's almost spring.  For me that means looking forward to 3 months off work.  Yes, I am one of the lucky people in the world who has summers off.  I have time.  Time to putter, to hang out at the cottage, to read, to do some artwork and, of course, to write.  You would think that I'd take it easy knowing that I have all this free time coming up.  Instead I've decided to start on two projects that will catapult me into the writing habit and give me some much needed accountability.

The first is NaPoWriMo or 30 poems in 30 days.  I am a poet by nature I suppose.  I find it much easier to work through things in freeverse.  So beginning April 1st I'll be putting that to the test.  I finished NaNoWriMo last year.  I figure if I can do that I can do this.  I'm sure going to try.

The second is of my own doing.  I'm writing a novel.  Nothing so unusual in that. But this time I'm inviting people to follow along.  Beginning May 1, 2012, I'll be blogging my novel at 365-Pages.blogspot.com. 500 words a day for 365 days.  That is a much scarier prospect.  500 words seems do-able, it's doing it for 365 days that seems daunting.  I am known to have a small problem with boredom, not to mention the random bouts of menopausal depression that seem intent on derailing any creative energy that makes an appearance. However, I am going to do my best to kick my hormones in the ass and get some words out.  I hope you'll come with me for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment